JAG Physical Therapy features ten state-of-the-art rehabilitation centers. The staff at JAG Physical Therapy pride themselves on providing top-notch orthopedic rehabilitation services for patients of all ages.
Rehabilitation includes a variety of common physical therapy techniques and treatments that are specifically designed to address injuries sustained by the structures of the musculoskeletal system: bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and cartilage.
- Hot/Cold packs can prepare muscles for exercise and manipulation or reduce inflammation to make movement less painful.
- Electrical stimulation activates nerves in damaged tissues to help develop strength and stability.
- Ultrasound generates sound waves that are transferred to a specific part of the body using a probe. The sound waves travel deep into tissue creating gentle heat.
- Medical massage is an outcome-based massage that applies specific treatments targeted to physical therapy to help muscles function.
- Strength and stability exercises are used to help the body reestablish the proper function of the musculoskeletal tissues.
- Stretching tight muscles and joints can help relieve pain and get patients back to their previous range of motion
Bouncing back following an injury can be tough, especially as the human body ages. JAG Physical Therapy’s trainers and physical therapists are here to help you on your journey to getting your body back up to “full speed” and recovering from a musculoskeletal system injury to bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, or cartilage. Our licensed and national certified staff is committed to providing quality care to athletes of all levels, as well as those who sustained an injury during day-to-day activities. Our team utilizes approaches in rehabilitation that many major hospitals, clinics, sports programs, and universities utilize for their patients, but all in the comfort of one of our nine locations throughout New Jersey and Manhattan.
JAG Physical Therapy utilizes top-notch orthopedic rehabilitation services for our patients. Our treatment techniques are amongst the best in the industry. Our hot and cold therapies utilize heat pack and cold packs to prepare muscles for exercise or manipulation, as well as reduce swelling that can reduce pain during and after treatments. Ultrasound treatment utilizes highly focused sound waves that travel deep into damaged tissues, creating a gentle heating effect that can relieve tension in the muscle. Strength and stability exercises are a part of every rehabilitation program at JAG. During these exercises, our team of physical therapists will use a variety of workouts and equipment to help the body reestablish its proper function. Many patients receive medical messages, based on the area of rehabilitation, which can help improve muscle function. Our electrical stimulation treatments are used on active nerves in damaged tissues to help the tissues redevelop strength and stability.
The goal of JAG Physical Therapy’s rehabilitation programs is to treat, rehabilitate, recondition, and return the patient to a physically satisfying lifestyle that they previously enjoyed before suffering an injury. Our team emphasizes the importance of early injury recognition, as well as identifying when a previous injury may be acting up and reoccurring. The JAG Physical Therapy team can be found throughout New Jersey and Manhattan at one of our nine locations. Our offices can be found in West Orange, Warren, Hackensack, Cedar Knolls, Union, Old Bridge, Woodbridge, Princeton, Fairfield, and Midtown Manhattan. Call us or contact us online to schedule an appointment to meet with our talented team of physical therapists and trainers.